An exciting position has become available for a full-time Instrument Technician based in Widnes to join a dynamic team.
- You will be working with our team of highly skilled technicians carrying out project commissioning, project support, maintenance support and instrument calibrations across our wide portfolio of customers. We are mainly based in the North West but on occasion travel across the UK. Customers include Pharma, Chemical, Petrochemical, Food, Water, Waste Energy, Automotive etc.
- Liaise with our Project Managers and Engineers in the technical implementation and commissioning of turnkey projects.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant teams and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Assist with technical enquiries and help internal departments to ensure correct specification of project quotations.
- Populate and maintain internal calibration database.
- At times you might be required to supplement customers’ own technical teams during shutdowns or high maintenance periods.
- Work closely with the design, manufacture, software, Install and technical departments.
- Liaising with clients and internal departments to help ensure the smooth running of projects.
- Growing and managing long term relationships with our clients.
- Demonstrate a high knowledge of instrumentation experience.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of PLCs and control panels.
- Demonstrate PC competence (Excel, Word etc)
- You must be willing to work solo or as part of our team.
- You must be flexible with working hours and weekend working when projects dictate.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
- You must have a current UK driving license and your own vehicle. (Expenses are additional to salary)
Candidates should possess the following personal qualities
- Confident, capable and able to work under own initiative.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines.
- Flexible working
Why should you apply?
- The chance to join a well-established company
- The opportunity to become part of a hardworking, dedicated team
- To showcase your knowledge and experience
- Company Uniform & Required PPE will be provided
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £32,000.00-£40,000.00 per year depending on experience
- Additional leave
- Company events
- Company pension
- Sick pay